Leader Among Men Scholarship 2020
- Lambda Phi Epsilon is the largest international Asian interest fraternity in the world. Our organization at Alpha Phi Chapter at the University of Oklahoma will be granting two, male highschool seniors, a scholarship. Contestants will be chosen based on their values for Asian awareness, leadership, and community service.
- Winning applicants will be rewarded $500 or more for academic use.
General Eligibility Requirements:
(You do not have to join Lambda Phi Epsilon, Alpha Phi Chapter, to receive this scholarship)
- Be of Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. Census
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale (unweighted) or GPA of 4.0 on a 5.0 scale (weighted)
- Identifies as Male
- Must be a high school senior seeking to enroll, full-time, at the University of Oklahoma.
- Must attend Lambda Phi Epsilon (Alpha Phi Chapter) & alpha Kappa Delta Phi (Chi Chapter) Spring 2020 Formals
- List a minimum of 20 hours of Community Service
- Academic Transcript
- Letters of Recommendations (1 Required by a non-family member)
- Executive Board & Advisor will review submission
- After comfirmation of enrollment of classes into the University of Oklahoma (OU), funds will be disbursed as a check to the winning applicant.
- Scholarship Release: January 6th, 2020
- Application Deadline: April 19th, 2020
- Announcement of Winning Applicants: TBA
- LPhiE & aKDPhi Spring 2020 Formals: TBA
How to Apply:
The following questions must be answered and imported in the application as a document:
(Please keep your answers limited to 300-400 words)
- In what ways have you contributed to the Asian American Community and how do you plan to contribute to it in college?
- How have you shown leadership through school, work, and etc? Please elaborate.
- In your opinion, what is the biggest issue the Asian American community faces? How could you improve the situation?
- What is your motivation to excel in your academic career in college?
- Why should you receive this scholarship? And how do you plan to use it?